Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
DOUBLE DOWN ON SUMMER
August does double duty. It’s still summer, but it’s also a bittersweet reminder that fall (and school/pants/wool) is coming. Don’t let the second half of this glorious season slip by! Seize the day 3–7 pm Thursday at the Medford Farmers Market, where we’re doubling down on summer. One musician, you say? Not good enough! We’ve got two! One new vendor, you venture? LAME. We’ve got a PAIR: Giacomo’s Gourmet Granola AND Venier Forge. The former will feed you steel-cut oats; the latter will return your stainless-steel knives to their cutting-edge glory.
WHO’S AT THE MARKET THURSDAY 8/3:
Ackermann Maple Farm: The absolute best maple syrup ever
Bagel Land: Fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my)
Beads by Beardslee: Jewelry and baubles by one of Medford’s own
Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
Coastal Vineyards: Local wine for local sipping under local sunsets
Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (& pork, veg, flour, more)
NEW! Giacomo’s Gourmet Granola: Granola that’ll make you swoon
Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
Henna Inspired: Turn yourself into living art, no tattoo required
Jaju Pierogi: The pierogi is back! Come early for best selection!
Lanni Orchards: Baskets of bounty from your favorite fruit folks
Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 p.m. slump
Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam. Enough said.
Swissbakers: Where it’s always pretzel-sandwich p.m.
NEW! Venier Forge: Knife-sharpening services, at your service!
• 3–5 pm: Live music by porch-folk duo Gentle Temper
• 3–7 pm: Girl Scouts at the Community Table
• 5–6 pm: Boxing demo by Title Boxing Club
• 5–7 pm: Live music by Rishava Green of The Lights Out
• Coming up next Thursday (8/10): Blues-rocker Julie Rhodes in the Shell!
- no illegal items
- no Rx drugs
- no weapons
- no broken items
- no dumping large items that should be picked up by Waste Mgmnt
- check out the list (at the table) of where to get rid of other big stuff.
PRODUCE IN A SNAP FOR SENIORS:
Talk about a popular senior: Our senior farm share, Produce in a SNAP for Seniors, is a hit! PLEASE NOTE: You must register in advance, and right now there’s a waiting list, but don’t despair! The list moves quickly. Here’s how to add your name:
• Stop by the managers table at the farmers market, 3–7 pm Thursdays at Condon Shell, and fill out an application.
• Or email our market manager, Caitlin.
• Seniors age 60 and over who live in Medford are eligible.
• For seniors who’ve received confirmation, pickup is 2:30–3:30 pm Tuesdays at Medford Housing Authority, Edgerly Hall, 121 Riverside Ave.
• Once enrolled, $5 a week gets you a bag of farm-fresh goodness from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Enjoy!
HECK, YEAH, WE MATCH EBT/SNAP BENEFITS!