INFORMATION FOR 2017 VENDORS:
Dear Potential (Fingers Crossed!) Medford Farmers Market Vendor:
Exciting changes are afoot at the Medford Farmers Market! We hope you will join us for this, our 10th-anniversary season and our first in a stellar new location:
3–7 pm Thursdays
June 8–Oct 12, 2017
Condon Shell, 2501 Mystic Valley Pkwy, Medford MA 02155
We are thrilled to share this new location with you and can’t wait for you to experience the benefits that led us to snap it up, including: free parking for vendors and shoppers; a manicured, riverside green space maintained by the city; lots of seating for locals to sit, stay, and shop some more; electricity and running water; proximity to the like-minded Medford Community Garden; and high visibility, off Mystic Valley Parkway. Plus, thanks to the riverside site, shoppers will be able to walk, drive, take the bus, ride their bikes, or canoe/kayak to the market!
In order to ensure a vibrant, healthy, supported, and sustainable season—and to make sure we’re able to list you on early promotional materials—we ask that you submit your application and registration fee by April 1, 2017, indicating your interest in the market. We pledge, in turn, to inform applicants promptly so that you may make your final decision quickly. We hope you will join us, but if we are unable to accommodate you at the market for any reason, we will return your registration fee.
We’ve got a couple of incentives to sweeten the pot. For those paid in full by April 1, 2017, we’ll waive the registration fee. That’s $50 for Core and $300 for Corporate vendors. Plus, for the first time ever, the market will offer a good-attendance rebate at season’s end: two weeks of table fees back ($50 for Core, $100 for Corporate) to vendors who attend the market for at least 18 weeks of the 19-week season.
We’re also attaching a City of Medford Board of Health application, required for vendors selling prepared/processed food or offering samples. Please return this application to us by May 1, 2017, with a check made payable to the City of Medford.
As in past years, the Medford Farmers Market will host our Community Table, available to local nonprofits looking to gain exposure. We’re also working on a robust, weekly, rotating schedule of family-friendly entertainment (music, yoga, movies) to keep shoppers engaged from hour to hour and week to week. We are especially pleased to offer matching EBT/SNAP benefits once again, helping increase participation in the market and healthy eating in our community. We are actively recruiting food trucks and prepared-food vendors, encouraging shoppers to hang out and dine. On that note, if you know of any fellow vendors you think we should contact, by all means, let us know!
If it’s not obvious, we’re pretty enthusiastic about this year’s market and the new, vendor-friendly changes. We can’t wait for the season to start so we can share them with you! You are integral to the market’s success, and we welcome your suggestions to improve the experience for vendors and shoppers alike. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medford Farmers Market Board of Directors
DOWNLOADABLE 2017 VENDOR FORMS:
- Medford Farmers Market 2017 Vendor Contract
- City of Medford 2017 Board of Health Application
- Medford Board of Health Food Safety Requirements
AND A BIG THANKS TO OUR 2016 VENDORS:
- Ackemann Maple Farm: scrumptious maple syrup and candy
- Bagel Land: NY-style bagels and baked goods
- Beads by Beardslee: handmade jewelry (six times/season)
- Birch Tree Bread: delicious homemade breads
- Brigham Farm: bountiful plants and vegetables
- Coastal Vineyards: easy-drinking local wine (every other week)
- Deano’s Pasta: locally made fresh pasta and ravioli
- Good Roots Farm: glorious organic veggies
- Honeycomb Creamery: mouthwatering small-batch ice cream
- Lanni Orchards: beautiful fruit, produce, cheeses, and more
- Mystic Valley 4H: a brand-new agricultural club, for kids
- Next Step Living: energy audits (every other week)
- Perche Patisserie: gorgeous cookies and macarons
- Powerhouse Juice: cold-pressed juices and smoothies
- Shire Beef: Certified Grassfed and Animal Welfare Approved beef