Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
Did you hear? The Medford Farmers Market has a new home: the lovely CONDON SHELL LAWN (map it!) on Mystic Valley Parkway, just north of the river and east of Winthrop Street. Check out our new digs when the market debuts in two short weeks, 3 to 7 P.M. THURSDAY, JUNE 8, and get a load of:
• Our new riverside green space in the heart of Medford
• Plenty of seating for you to sit, stay, eat, and shop
• Free parking in the shell lot, and on Winthrop and South streets
• Nearby bus service to the 94, 95, and 96 MBTA lines
• Free activities: yoga, live music, cooking demos, and more
• The return of EBT/SNAP matching—up to $20!
• Awesome neighbors: the Winthrop Street Community Garden and the ball fields at Veterans Memorial Park
• Plus, an onsite put-in means you can walk, take the bus, ride your bike, drive, or—yep—canoe/kayak to the market!
MEET 2017 MARKET MANAGER:
Caitlin is an aspiring food writer and chef who has called Medford home for five years. A lifelong New Englander, her fondest memories of growing up in Rhode Island center on summers spent cultivating and preparing fruits and vegetables grown in her family’s garden. A recent culinary graduate of Boston University, she is currently studying gastronomy at BU’s Metropolitan College and sustainable farming at UMASS Stockbridge School of Agriculture. Her approach to food is about making healthy ingredients simply irresistible in delicious recipes that also happen to be good for you. Caitlin resides in Medford with her husband, David, and their border collie, Stella. Come introduce yourself!
WHO’S AT THE MARKET THIS SEASON?
Did you know we only accept vendors who grow or produce their wares locally? We’re really and truly a community-supported market! Confirmed 2017 vendors include (and stay tuned for surprise visits):
Ackermann Maple Farm*
Beads by Beardslee
Freedom Food Farm*
Good Roots Farm*
Red Antler Apothecary
*At the market on week 1: Thursday, June 8! See you there!