We have worked closely with our local officials to follow the guidelines and orders from both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Medford. Markets matter to maintain and increase access to local food, which is particularly important in times of uncertainty.
We all have a role to play in maintaining a safe environment. Here is what you can expect from everyone:
- Stay home if sick
- Wear face covering
- Keep our hands clean
In addition, the Farmers Market will:
- Limit shoppers within the market space to ensure social distancing
- Post signage to help you understand the new expectations
- Provide extra hand-washing stations
- Support customers with additional help to navigate the space as needed
- Set up the space to enable social distancing
Here is what you can do:
- Expect a few (hopefully short) lines
- Follow the signage to maintain safe distancing
- Use the pre-order options available when possible.
- Use the hand-washing or sanitizing stations throughout the space
- Expect no bathroom access
- Shop without touching the products
- Speak up if the new set-up creates accessibility problems
Your vendors will:
- Accept pre-orders and pre-payment when possible
- Not be able to offer samples
- Keep their tables clean and easy to sanitize frequently
- Minimize cash transactions, but will still accept cash and SNAP/Market Bucks
- Set up tents with extra space between them
We continue to offer Market and SNAP Bucks; please stop at the Manager’s Table by the entrance to get those. Vendors will accept them in a container to minimize touching, and they will be sanitized between markets.
You can find the full market Covid Operations here.