It’s APPLE FEST 2018 at the Medford Farmers Market thisThursday, October 18 from 3-7pm@theCondon Shell(map it!)on Mystic Valley Parkway!! It is market week #19 and we have 13 amazing vendors plus live music, a Medford Family Network meet up, Story Hour with Heather, informative community tables hosted by FoodLink & Medford Recreation, and a BAKE OFF judged by Medford’s Mayor Burke!
• 3pm–supplies last: FREE warm mulled apple cider!
• 5pm: Community bake-off entries due at the judging table. To participate in the bake-off, email us by TOMORROW at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the name of your apple dish. Then bring your homemade apple-based baked good—along with any serving utensils and a list of all ingredients used—to the judging table. We’ll provide the plates and forks.
• 5:15–6pm: Judging begins with Mayor Burke and guest judges! Winners announced and prizes awarded!!
HOW TO GET THERE… You can walk, take the bus (the 94, 95 and 96 buses run on High Street), ride your bike (have you checked out the new Mystic River Path?) or—yep—canoe/kayak to the market!
Driving to the market? Shoppers park for FREE in the
* in the Condon Shell lot on Mystic Valley Pkwy/Route 16
* on both sides of Winthrop Street, near the ball fields
* on both sides of South Street, just south of the river
* at the metered and free parking spaces on High Street
Did you know…
The Medford Farmers Market matches EBT/SNAP
up to $20 per EBT card per week!!
SNAP beneficiaries simply swipe their EBT debit cards at the market manager’s table, and we match their total bill, up to $20 each week. That means $40 of fresh, healthy, and local food for a cost of $20, doubling shoppers’ spending power. Our benefits-matching program continues to grow every year!
Help us maintain this great program by donating here: