CYCLE ON DOWN TO MEDFORD FARMERS MARKET
HELLO AUGUST!! The forecast for this Thursday looks hot and dry – a perfect summer day, so cycle on down to celebrate BIKEFEST at the Medford Farmers Market this Thursday, August 2 from 3-7pm @ the Condon Shell (map it!) on Mystic Valley Parkway!! It is market week #8 and we have 18 amazing vendors, music, yoga, a cooking demo, and a variety of bike themed tables, demos, and activities!
WHO’S AT THE MARKET THIS WEEK?
Simple Fare – sandwiches, chips, and cookies from Medford, MA
**** Bring your dull blades to this week’s market!! ****
New Vendor Highlight: Scott Brothers Meat
Come on down and give some Medford love to our brand new vendor, Scott Brothers Meat, who will be selling their handcrafted sausage at this week’s market!
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE MARKET THIS WEEK?
LOTS OF BIKE THEMED ACTIVITIES!!
* Participate in a BIKE RODEO!!
– get fitted for a helmet
– tune up your bike
– cycle through an obstacle course
– decorate your helmet and bike with Judy from SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL & Mike from JRA CYCLES!!
* AND DID WE MENTION THAT THE FIRST 50 FOLKS THAT RIDE THEIR BIKES TO THIS WEEK’S MARKET WILL RECEIVE $1 MARKET BUCK?!?!
* Local musicians
T-Max from 3-6pm
Big Giant from 6-7pm
* Community meet up with the Medford Family Network from 3-6pm
* Cooking Demo by Cecilia Flores @ 4pm
* Yoga for Children with Yuliya Borowski from Bonsai Childcare from 5-6pm
* Info from UMASS EXTENSION NUTRITION PROGRAM
* Community Table hosted by Al-Anon
And remember – you can walk, take the bus (the 94, 95 and 96 buses run on High Street), RIDE YOUR BIKE (have you checked out the new Mystic River Path?) or—yep—canoe/kayak to the market!
HOW TO GET THERE…
You can walk, take the bus (the 94, 95 and 96 buses run on High Street), ride your bike (have you checked out the new Mystic River Path?) or—yep—canoe/kayak to the market!
Driving to the market? Shoppers park for FREE in the
* in the Condon Shell lot on Mystic Valley Pkwy/Route 16
* on both sides of Winthrop Street, near the ball fields
* on both sides of South Street, just south of the river
* at the metered and free parking spaces on High Street
Did you know…
The Medford Farmers Market matches EBT/SNAP
up to $20 per EBT card per week!!
SNAP beneficiaries simply swipe their EBT debit cards at the market manager’s table, and we match their total bill, up to $20 each week. That means $40 of fresh, healthy, and local food for a cost of $20, doubling shoppers’ spending power. Our benefits-matching program continues to grow every year!
Help us maintain this great program by donating here: