CYCLE ON DOWN TO MEDFORD FARMERS MARKET
It’s BIKEFEST* at the Medford Farmers Market this Thursday, July 26 from 3-7pm @ theCondon Shell (map it!) on Mystic Valley Parkway!! Cycle on down for WEEK #7 to find 17 vendors plus a variety of bike themed tables, demos, and activities!
* BIKEFEST is weather permitting!! A little rain won’t stop us from holding the market but too much rain may make it a bit tough to cycle to! We will update you using our Facebook and Instagram pages if we need to use the August 2 rain date.
WHO’S AT THE MARKET THIS WEEK?
Simple Fare – sandwiches, chips, and cookies from Medford, MA
Ackermann Maple Farm – maple syrup, maple sugar, maple cream, and more from Cabot, VT
Coastal Vineyards – wine from South Dartmouth, MA
Deano’s Pasta – fresh pasta & ravioli from Somerville, Ma
El Columbiano Coffee – Arabica coffee beans brewed in Brookline, MA
Peg’s Preserves – jams, jelly, honey & spices from Lancaster, MA
Proletariat Cook – crab apple butter from Medford, MA
Vendor Highlight: Brigham Farm
Brigham Farm is a 23 acre family-owned farm. They bring us the freshest fruits, vegetables, greens, and flowers weekly from Concord, MA!!
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE MARKET THIS WEEK?
LOTS OF BIKE THEMED ACTIVITIES!!
* Participate in a BIKE RODEO!!
– get fitted for a helmet
– tune up your bike
– cycle through an obstacle course
– decorate your helmet and bike with Judy from SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL & Mike from JRA CYCLES!!
* AND DID WE MENTION THAT THE FIRST 50 FOLKS THAT RIDE THEIR BIKES TO THIS WEEK’S MARKET WILL RECEIVE $1 MARKET BUCK?!?!
* Local musicians
John Civello from 3-5pm
Aidan Scrimgeour from 5-7pm
* Community meet up with the Medford Family Network from 3-6pm
* Yoga with Emilie from Borealis from 5-6pm
* Info from The Boston Sports Club
* Community Table hosted by the Girls Scouts
And remember – you can walk, take the bus (the 94, 95 and 96 buses run on High Street), RIDE YOUR BIKE (have you checked out the new Mystic River Path?) or—yep—canoe/kayak to the market!
HOW TO GET THERE…
You can walk, take the bus (the 94, 95 and 96 buses run on High Street), ride your bike (have you checked out the new Mystic River Path?) or—yep—canoe/kayak to the market!
Driving to the market? Shoppers park for FREE in the
* in the Condon Shell lot on Mystic Valley Pkwy/Route 16
* on both sides of Winthrop Street, near the ball fields
* on both sides of South Street, just south of the river
* at the metered and free parking spaces on High Street
Did you know…
The Medford Farmers Market matches EBT/SNAP
up to $20 per EBT card per week!!
SNAP beneficiaries simply swipe their EBT debit cards at the market manager’s table, and we match their total bill, up to $20 each week. That means $40 of fresh, healthy, and local food for a cost of $20, doubling shoppers’ spending power. Our benefits-matching program continues to grow every year!
Help us maintain this great program by donating here: