Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
IT’S BAAAAAAAACK! APPLE FEST 2017
The last market of the year is a bittersweet occasion. It seems like just yesterday we were hanging signs from every nook and cranny of Medford, hoping you guys would come hang out with us at our new location. (Nope, that’s not a tear in our eye. It’s juice from this apple we’re eating, thank you very much.) But rather than get too sentimental, let’s celebrate! Apple Fest returns to the Medford Farmers Market 3–7pm this Thursday, 10/12, our final week of the 2017 season. Allergic to apples? We’ve also got loads of live music and free yoga led by Jenna of Medford’s own Corner Studio. Get full details below, but heads up: IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY BAKE-OFF, YOUR LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER IS TODAY, TUESDAY 10/10. To sign up, email us at email@example.com. And thanks for a fantastic season, you guys. We couldn’t have done it without you. Sniff.
APPLE FEST DETAILS:
• 4–5pm: Free yoga on the lawn led by Jenna of The Corner Studio
• 3–5pm: Medford Family Network packs in the kid-friendly fun
• 3–5pm: Live music by Ryan Alvanos
• 5pm: Community bake-off entries due at the judging table. To participate in the bake-off, email us TODAY (Tuesday) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then bring your homemade apple-based baked good—along with any serving utensils and a list of all ingredients used—to the judging table. We’ll provide the plates and forks.
• 5–7pm: Live music by Georgia Bowder-Newton
• 5:15pm: Judging begins with Mayor Burke and local chef Tanya Howard
WHO’S AT THE MARKET THURSDAY 10/12:
• Ackermann Maple Farm: Bourbon-aged syrup for breakfast smiles
• Bagel Land: Fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my)
• Bike to the Sea (community table): Mystic Valley to the beach or bust!
• Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
• The Brownie Center: Brownies brownies brownies brownies
• Coastal Vineyards: Local wine for local sipping under local sunsets
• Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
• Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (& pork, veg, flour, more)
• Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
• Jaju Pierogi: Little bundles of love disguised as dumplings
• Lanni Orchards: Baskets of bounty from your favorite fruit folks
• Mass Provisions: Chicken. Pot. PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 p.m. slump
• Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam. Enough said.
• Polka Dog Bakery: You animals loved them so much, they’re back!
• Proletariat Cook: Crabapple butter by & for the common wo/man
• Venier Forge: Affordable knife sharpening while you wait
AND DON’T FORGET:
- no illegal items
- no Rx drugs
- no weapons
- no broken items
- no dumping large items that should be picked up by Waste Mgmnt
- check out the list (at the table) of where to get rid of other big stuff.
HECK, YEAH, WE MATCH EBT/SNAP BENEFITS!!!