Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
REAL MEALS FOR REAL MEDFORDIANS
We get it: Life is busy. You’d love to craft elegant menus every breakfast, lunch, and dinner of the week—but you’d also love a pony and a free trip to Hawaii. That’s why we’ve got a meal for every maker at the Medford Farmers Market. Planning an elaborate weekend dinner party? Sweet. Pick up some elegant Chinese broccoli from Lanni Orchards, kumato squash from Brigham Farm, fennel from Good Roots, and pork loin from Freedom Food Farm. Just want to feed your kids and get to bed? Grab a heat-and-eat pasta from Deano’s, and food will be on the table in five minutes. (We recommend the asparagus and marscapone ravioli.) Done and done. See you 3–7pm Thursday at the Condon Shell.
Bagel Land: Fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my)
Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
The Brownie Center: Brownies brownies brownies brownies
Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (& pork, veg, flour, more)
Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
Lanni Orchards: Baskets of bounty from your favorite fruit folks
Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 p.m. slump
Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam. Enough said.
NEW! Pony Shack Cider: Where you can drink your autumn apples
Proletariat Cook: Crabapple butter by & for the common wo/man
Swissbakers: Where it’s always pretzel-sandwich p.m.
AND DON’T FORGET:
PRODUCE IN A SNAP FOR SENIORS:
Talk about a popular senior: Our senior farm share, Produce in a SNAP for Seniors, is a hit! PLEASE NOTE: You must register in advance, and right now there’s a waiting list, but don’t despair! The list moves quickly. Here’s how to add your name:
- Stop by the managers table at the farmers market, 3–7 pm Thursdays at Condon Shell, and fill out an application.
- Or email our market manager, Caitlin.
- Seniors age 60 and over who live in Medford are eligible.
- For seniors who’ve received confirmation, pickup is 2:30–3:30 pm Tuesdays at Medford Housing Authority, Edgerly Hall, 121 Riverside Ave.
- Once enrolled, $5 a week gets you a bag of farm-fresh goodness from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Enjoy!