Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
SPLENDOR IN THE GLASS
We’re feeling so many feelings this week. It’s the second visit ever from new vendors the Brownie Center and Wachusett Naturals. Yay! But it’s the last week this season for our beloved Aaronap Cellars. Boo! But you can still get a bottle or 12 of Aaronap’s delicious Stonewall White. Double yay! And then you can grab a patch of lawn for a free concert on the Condon Shell stage by roots-rockers the Swinging Steaks at 6pm. Triple yay! And it’s still summer for another week—plus, by Thursday, it’ll almost be Friday. Triple doggie yay! Whew, OK. We worked it out. Everybody pumped? See ya at the market, 3–7pm Thursday at Condon Shell.
Aaronap Cellars: What’s red, white, and rosé all over? Local wine!
Bagel Land: Fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my)
Beads by Beardslee: Jewelry and baubles by one of Medford’s own
Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
The Brownie Center: Brownies brownies brownies brownies
Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (& pork, veg, flour, more)
Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
Henna Inspired: Turn yourself into living art, no tattoo required
Lanni Orchards: Baskets of bounty from your favorite fruit folks
Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 p.m. slump
Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam. Enough said.
Silvertree Center for Healing Arts: Magnificent mini-massages
Swissbakers: Where it’s always pretzel-sandwich p.m.
Wachusett Naturals: Scrubs, salves, balms, and bug spray
- no illegal items
- no Rx drugs
- no weapons
- no broken items
- no dumping large items that should be picked up by Waste Mgmnt
- check out the list (at the table) of where to get rid of other big stuff.
PRODUCE IN A SNAP FOR SENIORS:
Talk about a popular senior: Our senior farm share, Produce in a SNAP for Seniors, is a hit! PLEASE NOTE: You must register in advance, and right now there’s a waiting list, but don’t despair! The list moves quickly. Here’s how to add your name:
• Stop by the managers table at the farmers market, 3–7 pm Thursdays at Condon Shell, and fill out an application.
• Or email our market manager, Caitlin.
• Seniors age 60 and over who live in Medford are eligible.
• For seniors who’ve received confirmation, pickup is 2:30–3:30 pm Tuesdays at Medford Housing Authority, Edgerly Hall, 121 Riverside Ave.
• Once enrolled, $5 a week gets you a bag of farm-fresh goodness from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Enjoy!