Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
THIS WEEK BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE NUMBER 17!
We swear we didn’t plan it, which makes it all the more enchanting: This week at the Medford Farmers Market (3 to 7 pm Thursday, August 17 at the Condon Shell), we’ve got 17 vendors. That’s 17 on 8/17—maximum magical market magnitude, folks! Come relish the overflowing awesome: peaches, plums, nectarines, and early apples from Lanni Orchards; tomatoes, garlic, squash, and gladiolas from Brigham Farm; greens, fennel, potatoes, and turnips from Good Roots Farm; beef, pork, rye flour, and kohlrabi from Freedom Food Farm; plus, all the pasta, wine, bread, jam, maple syrup, and pierogi your market totes can carry and the first-ever visit from the Brownie Center. How’s that for a cherry on top!
Ackermann Maple Farm: The absolute best maple syrup ever
Bagel Land: Fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my)
Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
NEW! The Brownie Center: Brownies brownies brownies brownies
Coastal Vineyards: Local wine for local sipping under local sunsets
Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (& pork, veg, flour, more)
Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
Henna Inspired: Turn yourself into living art, no tattoo required
Jaju Pierogi: The pierogi is back! Come early for best selection!
Lanni Orchards: Baskets of bounty from your favorite fruit folks
Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 p.m. slump
Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam. Enough said.
Red Antler Apothecary: Healthy beauty products, handmade in Lowell
Silvertree Center for Healing Arts: Magnificent mini-massages
Swissbakers: Where it’s always pretzel-sandwich p.m.
Venier Forge: Knife-sharpening services, at your service!
- 3–5 pm: Kid-friendly entertainment by Medford Family Network
- 3–5 pm: Live music by Anthony & Emily
- 3–7 pm: Tisch Community Research Center, a grantmaking group that funds community projects, at the Community Table
- 5–7 pm: Live music by Henry Cobb
- With EBT/SNAP matching, you get $40 of market goodies for $20!
- Need help finding us at the Condon Shell? See the parking map!
- Coming up next week (8/24): Swinging Steaks concert in the Shell!
- no illegal items
- no Rx drugs
- no weapons
- no broken items
- no dumping large items that should be picked up by Waste Mgmnt
- check out the list (at the table) of where to get rid of other big stuff.
PRODUCE IN A SNAP FOR SENIORS:
Talk about a popular senior: Our senior farm share, Produce in a SNAP for Seniors, is a hit! PLEASE NOTE: You must register in advance, and right now there’s a waiting list, but don’t despair! The list moves quickly. Here’s how to add your name:
• Stop by the managers table at the farmers market, 3–7 pm Thursdays at Condon Shell, and fill out an application.
• Or email our market manager, Caitlin.
• Seniors age 60 and over who live in Medford are eligible.
• For seniors who’ve received confirmation, pickup is 2:30–3:30 pm Tuesdays at Medford Housing Authority, Edgerly Hall, 121 Riverside Ave.
• Once enrolled, $5 a week gets you a bag of farm-fresh goodness from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Enjoy!