Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
CHEAP DATE: DINNER & A MOVIE!
Summer is expensive. There’s camp, family vacations, and running those A/C units, not to mention your ice-cream-a-day habit. Lucky for you, Medford Farmers Market comes to the rescue with a cheap night out! Visit the market 3–7pm Thursday and stick around for a free screening of family-friendly Inside Out at 8pm, courtesy of Mayor Burke and the Medford Chamber of Commerce (details below). Woo your date/s with readymade sandwiches from Swissbakers or pair a schmear of peach jam from Peg’s Preserves with a hunk of challah from Bagel Land. Polish off the picnic with sweets for your sweetie/s from Oat Shop. Maybe you’ll even get a smooch or a “Thanks, Dad!” in return. xoxo
WHO’S AT THE MARKET THIS WEEK:
Ackermann Maple Farm: The absolute best maple syrup ever
Bagel Land: Piping-fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my!)
Beads by Beardslee: Jewelry and baubles by one of Medford’s own
Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
Coastal Vineyards: Local wine for local sipping under local sunsets
Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (plus: pork, eggs, veg, flour, more)
Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
Henna Inspired: Turn yourself into living art!
Jaju Pierogi: The pierogi is back! Come early for best selection!
Lanni Orchards: Your favorite fruit folks, with baskets of bounty
Mass Provisions: Chicken. Pot. PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 o’clock slump
Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam
Retta Smith: Get a load of her NutriMullet at the community table
Swissbakers: Where it’s always pretzel-sandwich p.m.
AND DON’T FORGET:
• With EBT/SNAP matching, you get $40 of market goodies for $20!
• Need help finding us? See the parking and pedestrian map!
PRODUCE IN A SNAP FOR SENIORS:
Talk about a popular senior: Our senior farm share, Produce in a SNAP for Seniors, began last week, and we’ve already got a waiting list! The list moves quickly, though, so don’t despair. How to add your name:
• Stop by the managers table at the farmers market, 3–7pm Thursdays at Condon Shell, and fill out an application.
• Or email our market manager, Caitlin.
• Seniors age 60 and over who live in Medford are eligible.
• For seniors who’ve received confirmation, pickup is 2:30–3:30pm Tuesdays at Medford Housing Authority, Edgerly Hall, 121 Riverside Ave.
• Once enrolled, $5 a week gets you a bag of farm-fresh goodness from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Enjoy!
Starting this week, Thursday 7/20, we’re hosting a table that serves as a pick-up & drop-off point for the Everything is Free Medford Facebook group. Got a gently used doodad you’re ready to part with or hoping to find? HERE ARE THE RULES:
• no illegal items
• no Rx drugs
• no weapons
• no broken items
•no dumping large items that should be picked up by Waste Mgmnt
• Check out the list (at the table) of where to get rid of other big stuff.
HECK, YEAH, WE MATCH EBT/SNAP BENEFITS!