Want to get our weekly newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
THIS WEEK’S VENDORS: VEGGIES, BREAD, GRASS-FED BEEF, FRUIT, PASTA, WINE, MAPLE SYRUP, COOKIES!
Do you love Farmers Markets? Of COURSE you do—after all, you’re reading this blog post! So come on down and show them how much you love them at this week’s Medford Farmers Market—3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, One City Hall Mall, behind City Hall. This week’s vendors include:
Good Roots Farm
Love our vendors? Want to become a vendor? Get info!
‘TIS THE SEASON FOR TOMATOES!
It’s incredible how many shapes and colors there are available now, and it’s always fun seeing new ones arrive every season. My personal favorite at the moment is the Green Zebra tomato – it lives up to its name with a beautiful green color and yellow stripes. And then there are the little punnets of assorted cherry tomatoes. It’s so much fun to pick through those and try all the different kinds! I always feel a bit like a kid in a candy store 😉 While I’ll happily munch on raw tomatoes, there are so many recipes out there right now that it’d be a shame not to cook with them. Need some ideas? Below are some compilations that I’ve been using for inspiration:
• 37 Tomato Recipes for the Height of the Season – Bon Appetit
• NY Times Best Tomato Recipes
• 30 Glorious Tomato Recipes for Right Now – The Kitchn
Sarah, MFM market manager
OUR SENIOR FARM SHARE IS NOW OPEN TO ALL MEDFORD SENIOR CITIZENS!
• Advance registration is required; 40 shares available each week
• To register, call Syrah at the Board of Health: 781-393-2560
• Pickup is 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays thru 10/18 at 121 Riverside Ave.
• $5/week for low-income Medford seniors; $15/week all others